Fourth Annual Erg-a-Thon
This year the University of Cincinnati Rowing Club will be hosting its Fourth Annual Erg-a-thon to raise money for equipment and travel expenses. The event will be on February 11th starting at noon. Listed below is information about the event and how to participate in this year’s Erg-a-Thon.
What is an Erg-a-thon and How Will it Work
An Erg-a-thon is like a walk-a-thon but we use our rowing machines, located under the Montgomery Inn Boathouse, instead of walking.
The event will be around 4 hours of rowing, either in teams or solo, with each team setting a goal for how far they want to row. An average team can reach about 40,000 meters in this time, which is close to a full marathon of 42.2 kilometers. Movies are played on a projector during the event to give the rowers entertainment.
How to Get Involved
There are a number of ways to get involved and make this event a success. First, all friends, family, and alumni are welcome to join us at the boathouse during the Erg-a-Thon. Erg along with us or come for moral support. Another option is to donate to the team.
- Donate per meter
- For this method pick an individual rower or team that you would like to sponsor and an amount per meter that you would like to donate. Remember the average team or solo athlete can cover 35,000 to 45,000 over the 4 hours. The typical range is about $0.50-$2.00 per kilometer.
- Donate a lump sum
- With this option you can donate one sum either in the name of a rower you would like to sponsor or for the club.
- Participate in the event!!
- We invite all friends, family and alumni to come join the fun! You can participate in the rowing or you can show up and watch the movies while cheering on the team.
How to donate:
- Venmo – @cincyrowing
- PayPal – email@example.com
- Check – addressed to UC Rowing Club
- Cash – Put in envelope with UC Rowing Club written on it
When and where is the event: On February 11th, he boat house will open at noon and the event will start at around 12:30pm. The event will take place under the Montgomery Inn Boathouse at 925 Riverside Dr, Cincinnati, OH 45202
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to our fundraising chair, Taegan Phelps.
Phone Number: (937)626-9811